Azure Data Engineer | 6 months | The Hague
Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Azure Data Engineer
We are looking for an Azure Data Engineer for a project in The Hague, Netherlands. If you have experience in Business Analytics and Azure we would like to hear from you.
We can offer a 6 month with a solid daily rate for your time. This is a English speaking role, 2 stage interview with ASAP start date.
* 3+ years (or Masters and 2+ years) of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, Business Intelligence or business analytics.
* 3+ years (or Master and 2+ years) of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
* 2+ years of experience in Scripting languages like Python etc.
* 2+ years' experience with data platforms; working with large data sets, large amounts of data in motion and numerous big data technologies. ( Azure, Cloudera, SAP HANA)
* Experience in Data pipelining-based technologies (eg Alteryx, StreamSets, Azure Data Factory, Informatica).
* Highly analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Experience with database design techniques.
* Awareness of Hadoop/Spark-based technologies (. Spark, Hive and DataBricks).
* NoSQL-based technologies (eg Cassandra, HBASE, MongoDB).
* SQL-based technologies (eg MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle).
* Experience with Cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
* Source Code Control (eg Git, VSTS, Subversion).
* Agile Project Delivery techniques (eg SCRUM).
* Comfortable to work with global stakeholders, internally and externally.
* Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
* Have strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Is highly experienced in communicating with leaders and staff at all levels.
* Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
* Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
* Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
* Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
Apply with your most up to date CV and I will contact you within 24hours