Senior JAVA Developer
Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by ITech Consult
Senior JAVA Developer
Our client is one of the largest independent manufacturers of building control systems in Europe and is a pioneer and a recognized international leader in the development of Smart Building Energy Management Systems for building optimization for over 30 years.
They are currently looking for a responsible and experienced Java developer with a commitment to quality and passion for technology. Candidates must be capable of working autonomously, and as part of a team.
* Design and create quality code for our products
* Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
* Troubleshoots and seeks a resolution to development and production issues across multiple environment and operating platforms
* Apply best practise security measures and drive for continual improvements
* Coordinate with product management teams to understand end user requirements, assists in formulating use cases, and translates that into an effective technical solution
* Passionate for learning new technologies and methodologies. Participates in educational opportunities
* Understand products and their value to our customers
* Contributes to team meetings; coordinates requirements, schedules, activities, and provides feedback to other members of the team
* Contributes to the efficiency of the Product Development Department by performing other job duties and participates in special projects, as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
* Minimum 5 years' experience software development
* Experience with Java and developing and deploying applications to servlet containers
* Development experience with multi-threaded event driven concurrent applications
* Knowledge of design patterns
* Experience with version control
* Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to clearly demonstrate excellent communication with colleagues and clients.
* An enthusiastic, energetic and can-do attitude to work
* Experience with performance tuning, memory leak detection, CPU optimization
* Working knowledge of Linux of Unix environment
* Implemented unit testing using Junit/Mockito or equivalent
* Understanding of web security
* Experience with messaging Middleware technologies
* Knowledge of Angular 6/HTML5/CSS
* Knowledge of Java SWING
* Knowledge of non-relational databases
* Embedded Java development experience
* Building controls experience, relating to BACnet
* Jira/Confluence experience
* Ant/Maven experience
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918513FK
Role: Senior Java Developer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€450 - €450 Daily
£525 - £525 Daily
€55k - €75k Annual