Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by CONNEXIN LIMITED
£17.5k - £21k plus bonus
We are on a mission to enrich people's lives through sustainable innovation and the unique power of the internet and we are now on the look out for Field Engineers to join us in achieving our mission.
In this role you will work within our core team, where our customers are the focus, and through our drive and determination, we think outside the box to provide the best possible experience and outcome for them.
About the Role
Our Field Engineers are responsible for installing and maintaining a wide range of network and smart cities infrastructure equipment. The team work to complete customer orders within SLAs, ensuring work is completed within budget to an industry leading standard. This physical role means you'll be active and working outdoors to expand our network and connecting a range of devices and customers to the internet. You'll be helping to solve real world problems using technology.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working at Heights
- Install, commission, troubleshoot, maintain and de-install a range of network equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain and terminate a range of structured cabling - including, but not limited to Cat5e, Cat6, Cat7, Single Mode Fibre, Multi-Mode Fibre
- Use your knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN and OSI model concepts to configure a range of network devices
- Provide on-call maintenance services in-line with the engineers rota
- Conduct site surveys to determine 'Line of Site', Radio Equipment Mounting locations, Cable Run locations and any other information that may be required as part of a project
- Produce diagrams/ drawings to display the findings of the sit surveys (as above)
- Maintain a safe working environment at all time, ensuring dynamic risk assessments are conducted as appropriate, prior to the commencement of any work
- Respond appropriately to network incidents when requested, diagnosing and repairing equipment where required
- Protect and ensure the efficient use of all resources
- Act in a professional at all times, demonstrating excellent time keeping and impeccable communication skills (both internally and externally)
- Provide high quality customer service at all times
- Work as a team to ensure all duties are carried out efficiently and effectively; in line with company values
In this role you do not have to be highly skilled, but you must have drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to working. We are looking for someone who is proactive and has an excellent ability to communicate through multiple channels.
Key skills include:
Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
Strong organisational skills
Work proactively to get find the best solution to problems
Confidence under pressure
Being flexible and approachable
Excellent technical abilities
Being diligent and resourceful
Using hand tools and other equipment
May 2006 marked the beginning of an epic journey. Founded as a bedroom hobby, Connexin is now an ever-growing business working on unique projects that aim to enrich people's lives and solve our customer's everyday problem. We have stayed true to our values every day and we owe a huge thanks to our customers who have believed and stuck with us for so long.