Solutions Architect (Java)
Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by Stelfox Ltd
Solutions Architect (Java)
3 Month Initially
Daily rate contract
A global insurance company are looking for a Solutions Architect on a 6-month rolling daily rate contract, this role will also involve some hands-on coding of Java/Spring
As a member of the Commercial Solutions Architecture team, the candidate will;
- Define the solution architecture for a project by gaining a clear understanding of Business requirements, non-functional requirements and Business strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring alignment and consistency of the solution design by working with the Solution Architecture team and following Enterprise Architecture processes and standards.
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to contribute to high level project schedules, resource plans for the project, and project costs
- Work with the Commercial Technical Architecture team to evaluate and select the methodologies and tools required to implement a solution design.
- Own and govern the solution design through the entire project implementation phase including guiding and mentoring the team and address technical challenges that come up.
- Work with the Business and Systems Architecture team to align the Business Architecture with the Application, Information, Data, Technology and Infrastructure architecture.
- Effectively communicate the architecture to business and IT staff.
- Liaising and managing third party system developers.
- Supports multiple concurrent project implementations where applicable.
- Engaging country systems teams as necessary
- Java/Spring (5+ years)
- DevOps Technologies (4 +Years)
- AWS and AWS Technology catalog
The candidate should have;
- Extensive experience (analysis, design and construction) in systems development and integration in a multi-technology environment (10+ years).
- Infrastructure Architecture (Ground and Cloud)
- Strong Security Architecture in Software Development
- Exposure to agile development methodologies including mentoring/Implementing Test Driven Development cycles.
- Experience in Data Architecture (data governance and management, logical and physical Datamodelling, reference and meta data management, associated tools and technologies etc.)
- Experience in dealing with and managing IT vendors.
- Strong coordination and communications skills
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders at senior levels
Apply for immediate consideration, there will be one technical phone screen and an onsite with the view to have these roles filled in the next 2 weeks.
This role is based on site in Dublin and does not provide sponsorship candidates must have an EU passport or a stamp 4 visa
These are urgent requirements, if you are interested in applying, please forward your updated CV to (see below)