Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by Base 3
The Strategic Business Intelligence team in Group Digital Capabilities division is currently looking for a new Datastage Designer/Developer whose core objectives will be:
Collect, clean, prepare and load the necessary data into the Data Warehouse, so that they can be used for reporting purposes; creating insights and answering business challenges and act as a liaison between the team and other stakeholders.
As a Datastage Designer/Developer, you will:
- Review the business requirements for Business Intelligence (BI) needs.
- Design dimensional models to meet the business reporting needs.
- Design the technical ETL solution (define the technical interface, specs for the source systems, the ETL. processes from landing zone till storage) and develop the solution with IBM DataStage.
- Design the physical relational data model in collaboration with the database administrator.
- Define the scheduling requirements for ETL processes in the data warehouse.
- Develop & test (unit test, functional test and data profiling) the ETL processes.
- Prepare the releases & installation instructions.
- Provide documentation and support the developers.
- Create best practices.
- Handle hotline by solving the problems linked to ETL raised by the end users.
Your main responsibilities will be to handle BI developments. You'll act in close collaboration with the other BI team members and our clients. You will find the right balance between cost and quality/completeness while always considering the clients as our priority.
We are looking for a profile with excellent technical skills and a strong interest for the financial business:
- You have minimum 5 years experience in designing data models in a data warehouse context and developing applications in IBM DataStage.
- You have an interest in the banking business and are willing to learn more.
- You have a good working knowledge of the SQL language.
- You're a good team player.
- You have strong communication skills and are willing to interact with both business/internal clients and your technical colleagues.
- You have good analytical skills and you're interested to solve problems in a complex environment.
- You can work on multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and BI reporting tools (IBM Cognos/Power BI) is clearly an asset.