Senior Technical Leads
Posted on Sep 2, 2019 by SeeByte Ltd
Role: Senior Technical Leads
Salary - £46,000 to £60,000 (dependent on experience) + pension scheme and bonuses
Job Type - Permanent
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit Senior Technical Leads to join our team in the Edinburgh office with domain knowledge in robotics, expertise in data processing and machine learning technology, and keen to take a central engineering role within the company.
You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic and world respected technology company in the exciting field of robotics, with clear development, training and career progression opportunities provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Internal "technology projects" to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
You will be an expert in one or more relevant data processing technology areas in SeeByte, working in small development teams to develop, maintain and deliver software capabilities within the field of maritime robotics. You will have an opportunity to propose new areas of technology research and shape SeeByte's technology roadmap, mentoring and leading engineers and interns to deliver technology solutions to SeeByte's customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in machine learning strategies, including Deep Learning Frameworks, or Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) approaches for robotics, and will also have a commercial track record demonstrating the ability to work with small teams of engineers to deliver capabilities. The applicant must also have experience mentoring and leading engineers or demonstrate the ability and willingness to do so. The applicant should be comfortable working within a software development environment and should be able to interact with clients and partners,
The candidate would ideally have experience working in the maritime domain or demonstrable experience in other another sector involving relevant technology such as A.I and Navigation.
This role is suitable for engineers with 3+ years commercial engineering experience.
- Graduated with a BSc, MSc or PhD in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Demonstrable experience in one of the following technology areas:
- Deep Learning Frameworks (CNNs, RNNs) and other Machine Learning strategies (such as reinforcement and transfer learning)
- Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) for autonomous vehicles
- The ability to lead, mentor and supervise engineers and interns
- Strong hands-on experience implementing technology in C++, C# or other relevant languages
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills with a background in robotics and/or machine learning
- An understanding of software development and QA processes
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations, trials and project meetings
- Eligible to apply for UK Security Clearance
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES