DevOps Technical Lead
Posted on Sep 2, 2019 by Venturi Limited
In this hands-on Technical Lead role you will be required to provide oversight, technical leadership and direction to extended (internal and third party) Data and Analytics teams from a best practice, quality assurance and governance perspective.
You'll be delivering a Microsoft Azure platform DevOps service to support a broad range of exciting analytics projects across a number of business units. This will include both the in-house delivery of code and data to production and a governance role where you'll be working in partnership with 3rd-party service providers to ensure code comes in on time, to quality and in line with the overall analytics principles.
Required skills and experience
- You'll have extensive experience of service transitioning and then operating Azure analytics components through design, build & implementation.
- Run (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, & Ad Hoc tasks required) life cycles, includes Data Lake Analytics, PowerBI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW and SSIS.
- Be fully conversant with agile DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects, working closely with DevOps Engineers to implement the operating model.
- Experience writing scripts (Powershell) to build and deploy environments using infrastructure-as-code, along with VSTS experience is essential.
- Must have experience managing DevOps teams.
- Implementing and executing continuous integration and continuous delivery strategies, designing, building and operating solutions using Azure cloud technologies.
You'll also understand the pros and cons of big-data processing approaches, be able to communicate analytics concepts to non-technical stakeholders and will demonstrate the ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance and infrastructure, as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organisations.