Posted on Sep 2, 2019 by ITech Consult
Our client provides compliance management software that enables companies around the world to reduce their risk of misconduct. Their platform lets compliance professionals demonstrate they are proactively managing the regulated activities of employees, third-party vendors and other agents of the firm.
They are looking for an experienced Software Developer, a talented self-starter with a broad technical skill set. The chosen candidate will have a solid understanding of the software development cycle; from requirement gathering through software development, testing and maintenance.
They want an independent thinker, who is driven and motivated, who stands for quality and commitment to building real expertise. The willingness to do whatever is needed to move the needle and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This role is essential for customer success. The Software Developer reports into the Tech Ops Lead. The role is responsible for supporting our client's existing customers but also developing robust software.
In return, the chosen candidate will have the support of a 25+ year software veteran and access to the latest software development tools.
* Work as a developer as part of the Technical Operations team who are responsible for our client's application
* Actively resolve product issues and enhancements (JIRA tickets) in an Agile environment
* Interact with the Development and the Quality Assurance teams in Ireland
* Work with the Support team based in the U.S. via daily scrum meetings
* Contribute to scrum sessions and the overall improvement in our development process
* Knowledge of the financial sector
* Experience with the complete life cycle of web applications/products
* Ability to work as part of a software development team
* IT Experience with at least 2 years JavaEE/J2EE development experience
* Knowledge of SQL and how to issue CRUD operations against databases
* Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Ability to provide accurate and reliable input into development estimations
* Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tools and techniques appearing in the marketplace
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Nice to Have(s):
* JBoss Application Server and Apache Tomcat
* Oracle/more advanced SQL
* JSP, CSS, Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS
* SVN, GIT, IntelliJ, Hudson, JIRA/Zendesk
Reference No.: 918523FK
Role: JAVA Developer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€450 - €450 Daily
€55k - €75k Annual