Industrial Cleaner- Full Time (Food manufacturing)
The Company - Bute Island Foods Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our fast-growing, manufacturing company. We are dedicated to making a wide range of vegan & Free From Foods. The company has some great plans to expand, which includes the development of new products to target the vegan market all over the world.
Your duties could include:
• Cleaning work areas including factory and general areas
• Dismantling expensive machinery & cleaning machine parts
• Reassembling machinery & completing hygiene checks
• Preparing area and equipment for the next day's production
• Reporting equipment faults to maintenance staff
• Following strict policy's and procedure guidelines to ensure work is carried out to a high standard
You would usually work as part of a team under the supervision of the Hygiene Manager, working the late shift.
Hours 30 hours (to 40 hours) 9 - 10-hour shifts. Generally, 18.00pm to 04.00am 3 to 4 shifts per week can be any days of the week including weekends. (Additional shifts may be available upon request)
Salary £9.00 per hour
Location Rothesay, Isle of Bute
Commuting from mainland daily is not possible due to finish time.
Contract Duration Permanent contract with 6 months' probation
Entry requirements No specific qualifications are required, although adequate reading, writing and arithmetic are necessary. Previous industrial cleaning experience an advantage.
Training and development You will receive induction training on food safety, the cleaning process and health and safety. As well as receiving bespoke training for your new job you will also obtain a level 2 food safety-for-manufacture certificate. After your induction, you would work alongside a training buddy.
Skills and knowledge
• good practical skills
• the ability to work quickly and methodically
whilst following correct procedures
• maintaining detailed written records
• the ability to work alone and maintain your own
• the ability to understand and follow
• an awareness of health and safety
• a willingness to work flexibly
• the ability to identify and solve problems
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As part of your normal working day you will be required to perform physical activities such as bending, lifting, walking, sitting, turning, repetitive motion.
Environmental conditions - You will be working indoors and trained to safely use appropriate cleaning methods including the use of food safe chemicals and hot water.
If you think you can meet the above requirements, and want to join our award - winning team, hand in your completed application form now.