Technical Assistant / Administrative Assistant
The Company - Bute Island Foods Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our fast-growing, manufacturing company. We are dedicated to making a wide range of vegan & Free from Foods. The company has some great plans to expand, which includes the development of new products to target the vegan market all over the world.
All Applicants must be competent in Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (Word & Excel).
The work as Technical Assistant
Your duties would include:
• Conformance to Technical and Quality Standards for BRC and Major Retailers.
• Maintaining the company's quality management systems & HACCP
• Providing Technical support and backup to the Technical Manager
• Communicating with suppliers to ensure raw materials and packaging comply with specification.
• Collating, sorting, analysing and reporting data.
The work as Admin Assistant
Your duties could include:
• Assisting Company Directors as required.
• General clerical duties including photocopying, laminating, shredding and mailing
• Manning reception
• Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system and storage systems
• Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office
• Keep office area clean and tidy
• Packing up samples/parts for collection/delivery
40 hours. Generally, Mon - Friday 9am - 5pm.
£ 9.00 per hours to start
Rothesay, Isle of Bute
Permanent with 6 months' probation
The following would be preferred, but are not essential
• Experience of writing technical policies and procedures
• Experience of completing specifications including web based specifications
• A basic understanding of HACCP and BRC standards
• Food Safety Level 2 (minimum)
Skills and knowledge
• Organised and detail-oriented.
• Able to multitask and prioritize using good time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also preferred.
• Should be able to work well independently but also as part of a team.
If you think you can meet the above requirements, and want to join our award-winning team, hand in your completed application form now.