Process Operative (Food manufacturing) - Full time
The Company - Bute Island Foods Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our fast-growing, manufacturing company. We are dedicated to making a wide range of vegan & Free From Foods. The company has some great plans to expand, which includes the development of new products to target the vegan market all over the world.
Your duties could include:
• Measuring, grading and feeding batches of raw materials into production machinery
• Operating production line equipment
• Reporting equipment faults to maintenance staff
• Monitoring the production process and carrying out basic testing and quality checks, recording results
• Storing goods and raw materials in the factory or warehouse.
• Packing goods ready for shipment on pallets.
• Cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery
• Actively maintaining production records.
You would usually work as part of a team under the supervision of a line supervisor/factory manager, carrying out several tasks within the same shift, or within the working week.
30 hours (to 40 hours) 10-hour shifts. Generally, 3-4 days 7.00am - 5.30 pm or when the production line has finished. May be asked to work occasional weekends. Additional shifts available on request.
£9.00 per hour
Rothesay, Isle of Bute
Commuting from the mainland daily is not possible due to 7.00 am start for shifts
Permanent contract with 6 months' probation
No specific qualifications are required, although adequate reading, writing and arithmetic are necessary. Previous food production/handling experience preferable.
Training and development
You will receive induction training on food safety, the manufacturing process and health and safety. As well as receiving bespoke training for your new job you will also obtain a level 2 food safety-for-manufacture certificate. After your induction, you would move on to the production line, working alongside a training buddy and then the line manager. For the right person progress with in the company is possible as a line supervisor.
Skills and knowledge
• Good practical skills
• The ability to work quickly and methodically Whilst following correct procedures
• Maintaining detailed written records
• Good teamworking skills
• The ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks
• The ability to understand and follow detailed procedures
• An awareness of health and safety
• A willingness to work flexibly
• The ability to identify and solve problems
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As part of your normal working day you will be required to perform physical activities such as bending, lifting, walking, sitting, turning, repetitive motion
Environmental conditions - You will mostly be working indoors but may be required to work inside a cold store so temperatures can range between 0C and 30C depending on production.
If you think you can meet the above requirements, and want to join our award-winning team, hand in your completed application form now.