Data Interconnect Engineer
Posted on Aug 31, 2019 by Darwin Recruitment
We are looking for a Medior engineer to work in the Data Interconnect team which is part of the Core Network & Operations department. Data Interconnect services covers: Leased lines, Fibers, Peering and Colocation Facilities. The candidate we are looking for has experience on the Planning & Delivery side of the Interconnect work which can be on International Capacity/Optical network and Data centres.
- Build of new network across Liberty footprint including additional capacity to support growth and product roadmap.
- Build of new data centre space to accommodate new services and product roadmap.
- Produce detailed network layouts and data centre design
- Regular updates to management, status reporting, risk management, escalation management.
- Project manage different tasks and deliverables required from all internal and external (lease line and colocation facility) parties.
- Update capacity planners about progress and get their input to review timeline for completion of capacity upgrades and Completion of internal project documentation
- Review B2B service request for impact assessment and provide feedback within the agreed SLA in consultation with engineering team.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a telecom company.
- Experience in network services delivery for international capacity.
- Thorough understanding of Data centre environment.
- Excellent English language skills.
Technology - Network - Engineer (T10)
Medior: Operational role; Specific skill set or training; Standard educational credentials required; Prior experience in this role (2-5 years)
Summary: Responsible for designing, installing, and supporting LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and Intranet systems.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies
Skills and Competencies: Network performance optimization; LAN/WAN knowledge; network design and implementation; CISCO certificate is a plus
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, install, and maintain network hardware and software (LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and Intranet systems).
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers, and in network Servers such as file Servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems.
Experience in managing projects within the telecoms arena and dealing with 3rd party suppliers. Proven track record of delivering projects on time and as per specification. Technical knowledge of fibre networks and their components is also a must along with previous industry experience.