Education Support Assistant (Penryn)
Posted on Aug 31, 2019 by University of Exeter (Graduate Business Partnership)
At the University of Exeter we want to make the exceptional happen, and have a real and lasting impact on the world around us. We are already firmly at the forefront of universities worldwide and our ambition is to increase that position, particularly as a Global 100 institution. We challenge our talented students to achieve more than they ever thought possible, and recruit the very best people from around the world to reach greater heights in research excellence, innovation and impact.
Purpose of Role
To be deployed in a flexible work allocation at the Penryn Education Support Hub
Duties and Responsibilities
This role is expected to provide an excellent first-line enquiry and standard transaction education support service for students and academic teaching staff, to provide high quality general administration support as required for all taught programmes, and to work effectively within the wider administrative team to deliver a seamless and high quality service
Training and Development opportunities
This role is within the Education Support Team which provides the core and critical operational support for teaching administration and support for delivery of all University of Exeter taught programmes for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught students. This is a large team of approximately 90 staff working across multiple "hub" locations and across three campuses. This is an entry level position which would provide both general and specialist administrative training which could be transferred to achieve further progression within Education Support teams or other University or professional environment.
The university offers online and in-person learning and development opportunities, including mandatory online training in Prevent Duty - Inclusive, Cohesive and Safe Universities ; Equality and Diversity Introduction ; Health and Safety Introduction and Information Governance . Plus GBPs are offered a 'how to make the most of your internship' introductory session, bespoke mentoring, work shadow and career consultancy opportunities.
Level of Support
Line-management and wider team support is present daily. The university offers extensive support to staff, including a structured Professional Development Review and Wellbeing Service plus GBPs are offered 1:1 support from the Internships Team.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
The university offers a wide range of benefits, rewards and recognition , including generous pension and holiday allowance of 39 days a year.
Skills and Understanding
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with precision and accuracy in person, in writing and email, and by telephone with a diverse range of people
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in MS office (especially, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and web based programmes
- Experience of working collaboratively and proactively in a team and with multiple team members to deliver to multiple objectives and high service standards.
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Ability to be flexible and deal with frequent interruptions whilst maintaining focus and accuracy
- Ability to present a professional image of the University of Exeter at all times
- Confidence and ability to work independently with appropriate supervision
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to changes in task allocation and areas of responsibility
- Willingness to learn and actively seek training and development.
Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
Closing date: 11 Sept 2019
Interview date: 20 Sept 2019
Start date: 30 Sept 2019
End date: 27 Aug 2021
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW