Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Aug 31, 2019 by Lucid Support Services Ltd
Technical Support Engineer - Peterborough
Any exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer, based in Peterborough on a long term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a critical first time fix for time sensitive first/second level support issues on various packaged and bespoke systems for onsite and remote users.
- Daily support of technical systems including: Windows 10, O365, UNIX/Linux OS
- Ability to navigate Databases; knowledge of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL Beneficial.
- Provide support and complete testing when the monthly Microsoft patches are deployed
- Constant monitoring of ServiceNow to ensure incidents are updated/resolved correctly in a timely manner
- Assist with providing root cause analysis for ITSM problem and risk process.
- Maintain and update support documentation located via the wiki
- Complete the implementation/roll out of new technologies where required
- Complete any testing of new technologies where agreed and required
- Provide 3rd party support to vendors when patching is required
- Knowledge of Perl Scripting, Python Programming and Oracle forms/ADF would be beneficial
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to work a 1 in 4 on call rota, to provide out of hours support to the shop floor systems.