Posted on Aug 31, 2019 by HCL GB Ltd
- Provide technical expertise to the help desk team
- Act as technical liaison between help desk and IM support groups.
- Maintain technical skill continuity and consistency of help desk staff
- Ensure continuous improvement of services provided by the help desk.
- Provide telephone support to customer end users.
- Provide Problem Management System support activities.
- Work with Application and Infrastructure Development teams to ensure a smooth transition of new hardware and S/W into support by the HD.
- Includes preparation of help desk staff to support new technology.
- Maintain skills inventory of help desk analysts and Work Request Co-ordinator's.
- Evaluate technical skills.
- Develop and maintain Training Plan.
- Liaison between help desk and other groups on technical support issues.
- Proactively work with other groups on normal process support issues.
- Reactively work with other groups to gather technical information in the case of outages, reduced services, emergencies or other exceptions from the normal process.
- Update, organize, create an easy electronic access to all help desk documentation, including manuals, scripts, processes, process flow charts, notification Escalation list, help desk weekly schedule, support documentation, etc.
- Audit/Monitor at least Help Desk analyst calls on a weekly basis through Call Recording tools, Live Barging, and Incident logging tool.
- Deliver technical feedback to the analysts on these monitors. Maintain an analyst-wise tracker for the call monitoring carried out.
- Develop processes to streamline the daily functioning of the help desk including.
- Work distribution.
- Monitoring phone queue and email box.
- Vendor management and follow-up.
- User follow-up.
- Closing tickets.
- Maintaining Front End message.
- Work closely with help desk manager to implement technical action items related to the help desk.
- Assist help desk manager in analysing help desk group and individual statistics.
- Ensure implementation of BOP (Best Operating Practices) in the help desk.
- Establish communication link with other zones relative to technical and support environment.
- Should keep knowledge updated by going through documentation periodically and also update the documentation whenever there is a new process or change in process.
- Manage small help desk related projects.
- Backup help desk Manager when help desk Manager is out.
- Documentation of help desk processes.
- Provide hardware, software, network problem diagnosis and resolution via the telephone for customer end users.
- Route problems to internal IM support staff.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff who provide hardware, software, network problem resolution.
- Administer and provide User Access and Exit controls.
- Use the Call Tracking System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention.
- Problem Management System support activities: admin, technical updates, troubleshooting, vendor relationship management
- Phone support experience necessary.
- Technical helpdesk or technical call centre experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating systems
- Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
- User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Internet browsers (eg Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
- PDA and blackberry support
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
- Ability to learn new information quickly
- Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player
- Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to cover for other help desk analysts and to be on call via pager during the week
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via pager during the week.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Expertise
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Concern for Order and Quality
- Total: 1-3 years' experience in Help Desk, Information Management, or Customer Service delivery field
- Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS
- ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred.