Cyber Security Engineer (Monitoring & Response)
Posted on Aug 30, 2019 by Church International Ltd.
I am currently looking for a Cyber Security Engineer (Monitoring & Response) to join a client of mine in Brussels
- Good understanding of IT security technology and processes (secure networking, web infrastructure, WinTEL, UNIX, Linux, etc.);
- Knowledge of different key protocols and services throughout the seven layers of the OSI model (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, Telnet, SSH, SMTP, POP3, HTTP(S), FTP, DNS, ).
- Familiarity with common cyber threat modus operandi, tools and techniques (TTP: tools, techniques and procedures)
- Familiarity with deterministic detection schemes and use of observables (IOC: indicators of compromise)
- Past experience in an incident response context.
- Knowledge of various IDS/IPS, NetFlow, and protocol collection and analysis tools such as Snort, Suricata, Bro, Argus, SiLK, tcpdump, and WireShark.
- Knowledge of log aggregation, SIEM solutions and search and analytics engines such as QRadar, Splunk, ArcSight, ELK,
- Experience with programming and Scripting languages: most notably Perl, Ruby, and Python.
- Experience with text manipulation tools, such as SED, AWK and grep.
- Experience with penetration testing tools such as Metasploit, CORE Impact, or Kali Linux.
- Web Application Security Development. (OWASP);
- Knowledge of popular cryptography algorithms and protocols: AES, RSA, MD5, SHA, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, Diffie Hellman.
- Knowledge of some NIDS/NIPS or HIDS/HIPS tools.
- Knowledge of media forensics and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of automation of data interfacing and machine to machine communication.
To enable sound and formal information security risk decision making by BNPPF management, and to help management with implementing a proper information security management system.
Information Security Strategy of GS commits to deliver upon four objectives:
1) enable the extended enterprise;
2) Counter cybercrime;
3) Protect our information systems;
4) Manage security risks.
Consequently, the vision of the GS Cyber Defence' team is to support Counter cybercrime objective by demonstrably best in class' preparation and response to unauthorized cyber activity. This is done by providing the following services:
Proactive - support & intelligence to help prepare and secure bank systems in anticipation of cyber-attacks.
Reactive - triggered by a request/incident/event identified by an intrusion detection system or reported by human.
You will carry the following responsibilities:
Tier 1 - Security Monitoring
Tier 2 - Alert Qualification
Tier 3 - Incident Response
What they offer?
Generous Daily rate and the opportunity once settled to work remotely for 2 days a week. 3 days required in Brussels.
For more information please contact me.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.