Posted on Aug 30, 2019 by Elevate Direct
Relevant industry experience. Client interfacing various support roles. May also be considered Application Support. Should have strong database support skills (Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, etc), strong OS support with Unix, Linux and/or Windows, experience with job scheduling tools, strong Scripting knowledge (Examples include Perl, Korn, Shell, etc), experience with specific financial area support and general Capital Markets knowledge (FX, Equities, Prime Brokerage, Fixed Income, Commodities, Order Management, Market Data, Risk Management, etc). Excellent Communication and Presentation skills and the ability to handle the pressure of supporting traders and the trading environment.
Here in our Dublin office, Bank of America Merrill Lynch is looking to hire an experienced Application Production Support Analyst to join our GMOT MAPS Team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established team; supporting core Python and Scala based applications while partnering with our development team to rollout support for state-of-the-art, Real Time, high availability systems developed with cutting edge technologies.
You will work within a team of people situated in Dublin, London, New York, Dallas, Singapore, Chennai and Hyderabad, comprising of both developers and analysts, supporting functions such as Regulatory Reporting, Trade Processing, Settlement, Books & Records and Asset Services.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, be willing to learn new technologies and applications, be tenacious in investigating and resolving issues and be able to drill down to root-cause.
As an Application Support Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
* The candidate will be responsible for technology support for various global operations.
* The candidate will be required to track, fix and report all issues raised by users globally.
* The candidate will also liaise with the development team with regards to required changes/upgrades to these applications across a large user base.
* The successful candidate will partner with our development team as part of a multi-year strategic programme to roll-out support for new applications built with cutting edge technologies.
* Scala/Java, Python, UNIX/Linux Scripting, SQL (MS SQL and Oracle) preferably in a support area
* Ansible, Jenkins
* DevOps experience
* Pub/Sub messaging (Kafka) or IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS
* Monitoring tools such as ITRS Geneos
* Candidates must be proactive, team players and have exceptional interpersonal skills
* The success of the role depends on the partnership that the successful candidate will form with the users when dealing with production issues and providing the support service to the user base. Stakeholder management experience and the ability to build relationships are essential
* Have a proven track record of leadership within teams, providing Mentoring, Guidance and support to team members
* Fluency in spoken and written English
* The candidate will be required to possess analytical and problem solving skills, and be methodical in their approach
Desirable Technical Skills:
* Pub/Sub messaging - AMPS (60East)
* Certification in ITIL
* Industry applications such as SWIFT
If you match these requirements, please apply in the usual way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email as soon as possible. Once the application process is completed within Elevate, your application will then visible to the hiring recruiter. If you don't complete the process in Elevate you will not be visible to the recruiter or hiring manager.
If you have any problems at all with the process you can contact the Elevate support team at any time on (see below)