Infrastructure Support Specialist #DS9981
Posted on Aug 30, 2019 by osu okmulgee
Infrastructure Support Specialist
Computer and Information Services
Okmulgee, Oklahoma United States
17.00 - 17.00, Hourly
Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm (may vary)
Participate in the specification, quotation, maintenance, repair, installation, deployment, monitoring, documentation, testing, and security of campus TCPIP network, telephone, video, wired network, wireless network, virtual servers, physical servers, firewalls, intrusion protection systems, associated software, and confidentiality, integrity, availability of data services hereinafter collectively referred to as infrastructure. Should strive to provide 99% infrastructure up-time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, quote, install, configure, secure, support, deploy and document the university's infrastructure.
- Respond to telephone calls, emails, texts, service tickets and personnel requests for infrastructure-related technical support accurately and on a timely basis.
- Diagnose problems correctly and quickly using a high degree of patience, troubleshooting, customer service, and researching skills.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve technical infrastructure problems.
- Supervise support specialists and student workers in supporting tier one infrastructure issues.
- Assess, monitor, and report infrastructure performance.
- Recommend necessary infrastructure repairs and upgrades to Infrastructure Administrator.
- Serve as a point of escalation for infrastructure problems and issues to ensure a prompt resolution.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all academic and administrative units.
- Assist vendors providing infrastructure services.
- Generate, follow to completion, document, and close infrastructure-related service tickets.
- Maintain and configure the software side of our infrastructure equipment.
- Provide backup, recovery, disaster recovery, and off-site colocation.
- Create and deploy workstation images.
- Provide general information technology support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in a computer related discipline from an accredited college or university highly preferred.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Proven experience and expertise in hardware, operating systems and infrastructures.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, and decision making skills.
- Must have an understanding of binary and hexadecimal operations and possess algebra skills.
- A positive "can-do" attitude along with a professional appearance and demeanor should be modeled at all times.
- Must have a willingness to continually self-initiate learning to remain current in expertise.
- Must be service oriented with ability to work and respond effectively to diverse audiences of internal and external clients, exhibiting high production standards.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, recommend and implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate work.
- Must be flexible, innovative and self-motivated.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver's license.
- Professional industry certifications are highly desirable.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Provide on-call availability.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and have manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and efficiently repair computer equipment, and vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Travel may be required.
- Primarily a normal office physical environment. Some work in computer rooms where dust and dirt may have accumulated.
- Travel across campus with equipment is necessary.
A background check will be arranged through Human Resources. Computer access is available through Human Resources.
"Oklahoma State University is an AA/EEO/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSUIT is a tobacco-free campus."