Senior OPS Engineer MSCE (Dutch Speaker)
Posted on Aug 30, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Senior OPS Engineer MSCE (Dutch speaker)
One of my globally leading clients are urgently looking for a Dutch speaking Senior DevOps Engineer to set up 3 new applications and technically keep their existing IT landscape healthy. Also assessing and documenting security control measures are part of the role.
The successful Senior DevOps Engineer will be working together with peer-Dev and OPS engineers and together they are responsible to maintain the applications and IT components for the client's Audit and Compliance departments.
The successful Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following:
* Set up the new applications. Besides clean installs, based on security requirements this might include enhancing logging for security monitoring, AD integration and scheduling of tasks.
* Responsible for availability, performance, security, and life cycle management of the applications, MS Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux, Oracle databases, Citrix, Middleware, and infra.
* Take proactive action in investigating Security requirements.
* Define necessary work to be done, and carry out (also documentation).
* Carry out upgrades, remove redundant databases, carry out patching, analyse capacity issues, structure processes eg using version control, run scripts.
* Take a lead role in the migration of whole platform with all its components into the client's private cloud.
* Responsible for managing and carrying out all deployments.
* Align with the client's Infra and Private Cloud departments where needed, eg about keeping Service-Now and CMDB in line with infra changes, patches, memory/CPU allocation, backup and restore, disaster recovery testing, security event monitoring.
* Coordinate user management of the applications.
* Coordinate and carry out standard IT security test procedures driven by regulatory requirements.
The successful Senior DevOps Engineer must have the following skills:
* Minimum of 5 years in application management, operations or infra roles, dealing with applications, Oracle and SQL Server databases, Linux, MS Windows Server, Citrix, Middleware, and infra.
* Certified Microsoft engineer (MCSE) with IIS experience.
* Pro-active and hands-on attitude, learns quick.
* Educated and capable to understand elaborate English security policy documents.
* Able to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and/but deliver results.
* Strong "business sense": you have strong analytical skills and are willing to learn and understand business requests. Doing so, you develop new insights and drive towards actionable results.
* You communicate and align with a wide array of global stakeholders in a natural way. You are able to peel down technical problems, and explain root causes and work-around instructions to the business. You are fluent in Dutch and English
* Bachelor or Master degree.
* Understanding of, or at least interested in the following:
o Deployment processes in CDaaS and cloud environments
o IT Security
o An Agile/Scrum way of working.
Please get in touch ASAP for immediate interviews!
Duration of contract: 6-12 months.