Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Heinzerling Foundation
Qualified job candidates are required to take and pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
Qualifications for Respiratory Therapist are as follows:
- Holds and maintains current license for practicing respiratory care. Chronic care and experience with ventilators preferred
- Experience with caring for individuals with disabilities in a residential setting preferred
- Holds and maintains current certification in CPR and first aid
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment
- Manages acute and chronic respirator problems in collaboration with the Medical Director and nursing team.
- Maintains appropriate documentation to comply with regulatory agencies and communicates effectively with the Medical Director, Director of Nursing, nurses, families/guardians and other members of the interdisciplinary team, as appropriate
- Ensures that respiratory care services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; in the absence of the respiratory therapist, ensures respiratory services coverage either by another RT or facility nurse who has the training, knowledge, skills and ability to provide respiratory care services in coordination with the RT and physician 24/7
- Assesses knowledge and skills of staff that provide direct respiratory services
- Develops respiratory-related education for staff and families and trains them as needed to ensure competency
- Evaluates and maintains respiratory-related equipment
- Assists medical records secretary with maintaining respiratory-related supplies
- Assists in the development and maintenance of respiratory-related policies and procedures
Outstanding Attendance Pay; Employee Referral Bonus; 6 paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, personal days; tuition reimbursement; health, dental, vision life insurance; 403b Retirement Plan; Employee Assistance Program*
Full Time and Part Time available
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.