Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Right Time Recruitment
Senior Scrum Master
1-year contract - possible extension
Onsite in Barcelona
- 5+ years in large multi-national organizations
- 1+ years of general project management experience that includes the following:
- Managing IT projects through their entire life cycle, including successful completion and closeout.
- Managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare/medical device industry and/or highly regulated environments
- Outstanding planning, reporting, analytical and organizational skills
- Interpersonal, problem solving skills, compelling storyboarding, presentation skills and influencing abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to setup and manage project user stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Knowledge of Kanban theory and tools
- Scrum Master certification from a recognized provider.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum - including training, and participation in conferences, user groups, podcasts, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and best practices.
- Customer focused (internal and external), growth & Explorer mindsets communicative, approachable and fun
- Persistence to overcome challenges during the journey
- Stakeholder management and intellectual curiosity, creative thinking
- Conduct all Scrum meetings including sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives at release level
- Ensure continuous management of active backlog.
- Ensure writing clear user stories.
- Manage project storyboards.
- Calculate and communicate team velocity.
- Actively communicate and coordinate team needs, progress, and barriers with other Digital teams and managers.
- Mentor development team members on Scrum principles, best practices and technical growth
- Working with Digital supervisors and teams, bridge development team tools and processes with existing digital operations, changes, release requirements and processes.
- Coaching team in value based prioritization and challenge the norm, time to time to ensure focus is on delivering value. Coaching Product owner and team in writing effective user stories
- Coaching Scrum Masters in conducting effective scrum ceremonies Sprint planning meetings/Sprint Review Meeting/Sprint Retrospective/Backlog grooming meetings
- Anticipate issues and proactively develop contingency plans.
- Facilitate communication with project sponsors, stakeholders, team members, service and support personnel, and management by creating and executing a communication plan.