(contract) Junior DevOps Engineer-Terraform
Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton & Partners is currently working with a large commercial client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer with some experience on Terraform to join our client newly formed engineering team to help shape the future of software and Datamodelling.
Initial contract is 12 months based in Amsterdam.
As an DevOps Engineer you will join a team of reliability engineers who partner with development teams throughout the organization with the goal of improving products, features, and flow reliability.
- Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
- Share on-call for most critical systems and lead incident response and no-blame post-mortem analysis and review
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/Kernel-space divide, etc.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, Internet routing and load balancing.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Jenkins (or other similar toolset)