Waste Operative (Driver & Labourer)
Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Salary: Competitive, with overtime at higher rates and call out payments
Location: Rainham, Essex (RM13 9UL)
Hours of Work : 8-5 Mon-Fri
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group is a provider of specialist environmental and asset management services to businesses that handle, store and utilize hazardous liquids, principally oil-based fuels. The Group's services have been developed to help customers meet ever increasing regulatory and compliance-related obligations in. A&A's services are performed by its highly skilled and accredited workforce on a planned and reactive basis from service centres around the UK.
The Waste Operative Role:
We are currently seeking to recruit a full time Waste Operative to join our team based in Rainham, Essex. The postholder will undertake duties associated with that of an Operative / labourer; cleaning of Tanks using available resource and equipment.
Other key tasks and responsibilities associated with this role are as follows:
* Assisting tanker drivers on site.
* Cleaning of tanks, tankers, interceptors and anything else relating to our industry using HPWJ equipment and any other chosen method.
* Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
* Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
* Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job.
* Completion of any works paperwork and timely submission .
* Ensure the depot yard is clean, safe and free of any obstruction liable to cause disruption and potential risk to health and safety.
* Be prepared to undertake any additional duties for which the postholder is capable of undertaking and instructed to do so by supervision.
Waste Operative Requirements:
The postholder will be expected to undertake all duties in a professional manner, representing the Company well and to the best of their ability.
Candidates must possess a full UK driving licence and Plant experience.
HGV and ADR would be advantageous but not essential as all training will be provided. Previous experience of operating in this or a similar environment would be an advantage.
The successful candidates must be self-motivated, reliable, a team player, with a willingness to be flexible (taking part in the on-call rota and being available for overtime) and deliver excellent customer care.
Training for the role (will be provided if successful candidate doesn't have it):
* Confined space
* National Grid
* Breathing apparatus
Waste Operative Benefits:
* Refer a friend scheme
* Regular training opportunities
* Pension scheme
* Free onsite parking
If you feel that you meet the Waste Operative requirements, then please apply now!