Mainframe Engineering Manager z/OS
Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This role is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Mainframe Engineering Manager. Candidate will manage a team that supports IBM zSystem hardware, z/OS Operating system, GDPS, CICS, MQ, z/OS Connect, RACF Administration and more. Candidate will have delivery and engineering responsibility for one or more Mainframe Engineering groups.
- Delivery Lead/Owner for a Mainframe Engineering team.
- Responsible for influencing future strategy for the platform technologies via partnerships with our server, security, database and application architecture teams.
- Ensuring platform availability is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Ensure platform is prepared for next generation, modernized, and digital workloads as business systems are transformed to meet current and future needs.
- This role is both a delivery and leadership position and will have accountability for multiple activities, such as employee hiring, development, performance management, recognition and succession planning
- Ability to self-manage and be highly motivated to deliver results
- Be able to facilitate diverse global teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Be able to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Must be able to influence formally and informally
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other business groups and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers and clients
- Previous team manager experience
- Strong knowledge of one or more Mainframe technologies
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure architecture & associated operational requirements in a high availability, reliable, and securable environment.
- Experience establishing and building teams to deliver new technology services
- Demonstrable leadership ability, performing all aspects of people management including talent development and performance management
- Experience working in large global organization &/or financial industry
- 5+ years of Mainframe infrastructure management experience
- 7+ years people and team management