Senior Hardware Engineer
Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Hardware Engineer. This individual will be designing optical transceiver hardware. They need to have a bachelor degree in electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent. They need to have at least 5+ years' experience with Hardware design in Telecom and or Datacom industry. They need to be familiar with the following communication protocols: IEEE, ITU-T, OIF, Telcordia Standard etc.
- Design optical transceiver hardware, provide guidance for PCB layout.
- Act as technical leading role in coordinating and cooperating with multi-site engineers to plan and execute transceiver development.
- Perform optical transceiver tuning, testing, failure analysis and characterization.
- Support all the NPI activities to ensure successful product transfer.
- Complete technical documents, including design specification, schematic, test report, BOM, work instruction etc.
- Support sales and marketing group to have design win.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- 5+ years experience with hardware design in Telecom and/or Datacom industry.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- 3+ years optical transceiver or transponder hardware design experience is desired, experience in 100G transceiver is strong plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with communication protocol such as IEEE, ITU-T, OIF, Telcordia standard etc. and industrial requirements such as CFPx, QSFP28 MSA etc.
- Experience with schematics, PCB layout, RF circuit simulation CAD
- Knowledge of transmission line, signal integrity and EMI, ESD.