Posted on Aug 29, 2019 by Childrensalon
Childrensalon is an award-winning and leading multi-brand retailer for childrenswear. We were established in 1952 and were one of the first childrenswear retailer to enter the online space. Our amazing products and customer service have proven to be our key drivers of the business and we are now selling to customers all over the world.
We have experienced significant growth over the past few years, and along the way we have amassed vast quantities of data that we are now keen to exploit. We currently have a great team of people providing standard business reports as well as any ad-hoc reporting required to the business. We are looking to take that to the next level with the creation of a fully-fledged BI function, which explores innovative solutions to advance data analytics in order to drive the business forward, keeping us at the forefront of technology.
- Manage the workload of the BI team, ensuring that projects are on schedule and to specification, constantly improving what is already there; whilst mentoring the team in their own personal development
- Work with other departments to create monthly/weekly reports and other ad-hoc analysis to support their departmental strategy
- Understand our business and the many markets we operate in, using the data we have through analysis, presenting findings and recommendations to the key stakeholders
- Formulate the information we would need to develop our understanding of our sales channel, customers, products and markets; regularly performing data review on the different business areas
- Communicate key findings and analysis that will be helpful for department heads, understanding the audience and customising the information in a way they would understand and be able to utilise effectively
- Contribute to the development of data gathering channels in order to gain additional useful data or enrich the current data
- Identify relevant external data sources to support and enhance the evaluation and summary of the data results
- Keep up-to-date with industry information within retail, e-commerce as well as BI in order to suggest improvements or enhance our analytics
- Review key competitor regularly to assess and analyse potential impact on the company
We are looking for somebody who understands the challenges and opportunities that growth presents and can formulate and execute a BI strategy that will help us to achieve our objectives over the coming years.
- You will have gained experience in an e-commerce environment and have done data manipulation, data extraction, statistical analysis and forecasting
- Ideally you will have significant experience with Power BI (or another enterprise level BI platform), Google Analytics, and of course be an expert at Excel
- You'll need to have great people skills as you will be liaising with stakeholders at all levels in the business to both determine their needs and to sell your own ideas to them.
- You will have experience in leading and managing a team
- You will have the ability to be agile and excel in a fast-changing environment
- You will have great attention to detail and enjoy problem-solving
- You will have shown evidence of commercial awareness within the retail industry, and be able to source and integrate third-party data to add value and context to our reporting, helping us to make those key decisions that will really drive the business forward
- As this is a new role, you will be forging a new path for the team and yourself, forming a yearly strategic plan for the role of BI and analytics within the company. Ideally you will have demonstrated your ability to take the initiative to formulate a strategic plan
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount. We are ranked #34 on the 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and proud to be a member of the Living Wage Foundation.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested please apply to with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us.