1st/2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer - PARIS
Posted on Aug 28, 2019 by SystemRapid
We are urgently looking for an enthusiastic IT professional to join our technical services team. We need a 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer to join an international client based just outside Paris.
The role would be for 12 months full-time, split between 2 sites at the following locations:
- Resolve Laptop/desktop and Networking problems liaising with users where necessary.
- Provide support and maintenance for application software.
- To have experience in maintaining networking and Windows operating systems.
- To assist in the technical implementation of PC Hardware applications for use in a user environment.
- Ensure that Software/Hardware implementation follows the change control guidelines, procedures and methodology.
- English and/or Spanish language skills essential.
- Helpdesk/Desktop Support Experience
- MS Windows
- Target Driven (meeting SLA's)
- Knowledge of Laptop and Desktop Hardware/Software
- Recovery, Updating and Installation of Hardware and Software
- Windows Installation
- Good Communication skills
- Good Organised and attention to detail.
Incident and request resolution:
- Hardware components change, switch can be derivative for any hardware malfunction.
- Hands and eyes support, for incidents and Service Support requests from other groups (Including distributed Servers and printers).
- Equipment maintenance and hardware repair.
IMACD Service - (Installation, Move, Add, Change, and Disposal):
- Delivery of ready-to-use computers.
- Shift technician to the location in order to install the computer.
- Software licenses migration from the old equipment to the new one.
- Computer performance tests.
- Obtain the user approval for each installation done.
Disconnection and equipment package in order to transport at the destination point. Connection and startup of the equipment at the destination point. Move the equipment through the locations.
- Technician moves in order to perform the change.
- Startup of the equipment.
- Performance tests of the equipment.
Maintenance and equipment repair:
- Software updates or hardware changes, including - Mouse, screen, keyboard, dockstation etc .
- Performance tests and equipment compatibility review.
- Disposal of the current equipment.
- Delivery of data safe deletion certificate.
The organisation recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
The organisation has an equal opportunity policy in all aspects of employment, giving guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation or religion.