Posted on Aug 28, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for an Associate Scientist for a 6-month project.
About the role:
You will be working closely with an inter-disciplinary team in an international environment. Your main focus will be to analyze data generated during process development and in the analytics team. You will generate data tables and graphs for PowerPoint presentations.
In order to understand the data you will be able to observe and participate in:
- Cell culture and cell isolation activities for Process Development utilizing human primary cells from blood and eyes.
- The entire cell process from start to finish (Cryopreservation) after cell culture and gene-modification of the cells.
- Both large and small scale experiments will need to be analyzed.
- You will work in a BSL2 environment and need to adhere to the required standards
- MS Office excellence, Tibco Spotfire is a plus
- General understanding of cell culture (Primary cell cultures - nice to have, Antibiotic free culture, Culture maintenance - flasks, bags, dishes, Large scale culture - nice to have)
- General understanding of analytical assays (Cell count, viability, Microscope - Morphology, Fluorescence microscopy - nice to have, FACS)
- General understanding of large scale equipment and quick learning
- Isolation of a specific cell type in large scale and through tissue dissection
- Adherence to documentation guidelines and DQP (document quality practice) Management
- Flexible work hours
- Lab assistant (EFZ, Biology) or Bachelor or equivalent with general understanding of Cell Biology and/or Immunology
- Fluency in German, English, orally and in writing
We offer you a competitive salary and an interesting challenge in a well named company which will benefit your career.
If you are the person we're looking for please submit your application. We're looking forward to getting to know you.
Only English-written CVs will be accepted.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.