2019-20 Special Education: Coordinator / Resource Teacher
Posted on Aug 28, 2019 by Great Hearts Academies
Great Hearts Academies is committed to serving the students within our special education population in a manner that reflects and affirms their dignity and rightful participation within the larger student body.
Anticipated locations of openings:
- Archway Classical Academy - Arete
- Archway Classical Academy - Glendale
- Archway North Phoenix
- Maryvale Preparatory Academy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of our Special Educators:
- Providing specially designed instruction to students receiving special education and related services.
- Collaborating with related service providers and general education staff.
- Maintaining IEPs, Prior Written Notices, ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Planning and facilitating meetings throughout the special education process.
- Leading ongoing communication and collaboration with parents and staff regarding student planning and progress.
- Candidates must hold at least a Bachelor's degree and a valid AZ certification in Special Education (mild to moderate, cross-categorical, learning disability, or intern/alternative) and have a current AZ IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Candidates must be proficient in the use of technology.
- Great Hearts teachers must also demonstrate a commitment to and love for the liberal arts.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in Special Education.
- Manageable caseload
- Competitive salary
- Signing Bonuses
- Great benefits
- Strong administrative support
- Collaborating team members
- Teaching: 1 year
- Special Education: 1 year
QUESTIONS? INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Learn more and complete our full application at:
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.