Posted on Aug 28, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious insurance company is on the search for a Splunk Engineer Expert. This individual will be architecting and deploying Splunk enterprise implementations. This individual needs to have UNIX and SIEM experience. They are looking for a Splunk expert to set up Splunk out of a large enterprise environment.
- Senior level technician role accountable for the design, plan, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of enterprise systems management, infrastructure tools systems and related software.
- This person will specifically drive collaboration with peers to manage efforts with our Splunk and other Log Management solutions.
- Other accountabilities include analysing, administering, support, problem resolution, maintaining the environment overall
- They will also utilize proven systems, Scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware/software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution.
- They will oversee and/or setup effective end-to-end system performance and reliability monitoring and provide data and alerts to help avoid issues or to troubleshoot outages should they occur.
- Overseeing or design, develop and integrate solutions that improve the client experience
- Skills in systems management and experience with implementation of Log Management and Analytics products, currently Splunk within Company.
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers.
- Expertise or knowledge of other monitoring tools such as IBM Tivoli Products, MS SCOM or other open source tools a plus
- Spunk Enterprise Experience: 1-3 years architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool, preferably both in supporting the application and utilizing the application for information security monitoring, incident response, and compliance.
- Expertise in creating visualizations in Splunk and custom queries to manipulate views.
- Knowledge of a Scripting language and UNIX command line.
- Degree in IT related field preferred.
- Cyber Security/Information Security SIEM experience corresponding to maintenance, administration, and utilization of tools a plus.
- Ability to utilize advanced systems, Scripting and developer skills to develop methodologies to implement, integrate, and maintain new and emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/software technology components.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$140k - $152k Annual
$140k - $160k Annual
$100k - $115k Annual