Senior Database Administrator Oracle
Posted on Aug 28, 2019 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Database Administrator Oracle. This individual needs to have extensive experience with Oracle RAC/ASM, RMAN, OEM, and Oracle Partitioning. They also need to have Shell Scripting skills and or PL/SQL Scripting skills. They also need to have extensive experience with Oracle Data Guard, Oracle .NET. They will be designing, implementing, monitoring and doing operational support for Oracle DBA.
- Plan, design, and build high performance database systems.
- Work with architect, application and infrastructure teams on implementing customer-servicing application releases and infrastructure projects.
- Analyze database & system response time and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Effectively identify and resolve issues within scope of work following established resolution process.
- Participate in, and encourage a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of the following are the base requirements for this role:
- Working in a DBA role on a UNIX (IBM AIX or Linux) platform
- Oracle Real Application Clusters/Automatic Storage Management (RAC/ASM)
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Oracle Partitioning
- Shell Scripting and/or PL/SQL Scripting
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Net
- Minimum 3 years' experience of the following is desirable (nice to have but not required) for this role:
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD)
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Microsoft SQL Server