JDE E1 (EnterpriseOne) Senior Business Analyst
Posted on Aug 27, 2019 by Responsive Search, Inc.
Senior Business Analyst: JDEdward's EntepriseOne Software:
will gather information and user support in order to develop, modify and maintain financial and procurement application systems. They will translate information requirements into logical, economical, and practical design systems. They must understand the business functions to be processed and the technologically available to implement. They will work with personnel in other departments to ensure that system solutions meet informational and operational needs.
In this role, this individual will also be assisting in implementing and integrating our newly acquired companies. They will be supporting our finance team and applications and help them implement new systems, research new finance packages, and provide gap analysis between JDE and other systems. This role will need to have a deep understanding of the JDE financial and procurement systems and the integration between both the applications.
- Document current and to-be process flows and to understand and examine business processes using user roles, use cases, edit rules, wireframes and other system specifications in detail.
- Conduct requirements sessions with business users and subject matter experts while providing guidance in formulating new requirements and improving business processes by coming up with creative and alternative approaches to solving business problems.
- Manage scope and user expectations by ensuring requirements can be met within existing project budgets and timeframes and assist Project Managers in the management of project deadlines and schedules.
- Identify and understand business strategy, issues and opportunities to assist business partners in identifying and prioritizing new initiatives and capabilities.
- Work and/or lead efforts with other IT groups and/or business users to ensure business requirements are met, including problem resolution and systems testing.
- Assist in developing test cases and participate in the quality assurance process to ensure that requirements are properly implemented while producing user training documentation and works with the business to train users.
- Able to lead the finance track during project implementations.
- Employ change management methods to assess needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements for issues or projects related to departmental and company objectives.
- Consults with personnel of all business units involved with a project or issue, to gather information about current operational procedures.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications, assists with preparation of workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by the equipment, computer programs, and personnel.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews existing documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions.
- Trains end users or technical staff.
- Configure E1 software to match business requirements.
- Monitors performance of systems and processes after implementation.
- Travel will be infrequent but the ability to travel up to 20% of the time when necessary is required
- Employee is expected to perform other duties as directed.
- 5+ years of experience in an IT Business Analyst or Functional Consultant role
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Expertise with JDE E1 Finance applications, processes, and configuration (AP, AR, GL, FA) is required. Job costing and contract service billing experience preferred. Procure to Pay experience with external AP document management systems highly desirable.
- Experience performing these functions in a construction or high-volume distribution environment a plus.
- Demonstrated experience documenting use cases and functional requirements.
- Working knowledge of the financial aspects of AAIS and financial system set up
- Experience with procurement processes and tools as well as procure-to-pay process ideal.
- Project Management Professional - PMP Certified a plus.
- Candidate must have knowledge of IBM iSeries tools and techniques, JDE ERP systems, Microsoft Office, IBM Query, SQL, DB2, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a thorough knowledge of computer system terms and functions.
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw solid conclusions. Successful candidate will have proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Candidate should have proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and skills to develop job costing reports using Oracle tools such as One View Reporting, or JDE Tools such as Hubble or ReportsNow is required.
Excellent benefits including:
- Low cost family medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Excellent 401k matching including profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement