Posted on Aug 27, 2019 by Corporate Interiors
Great Opportunity. The Controller will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance to GAAP. The Controller is responsible for managing a team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial reporting, analytics to support cost reduction/avoidance, cost accounting, sales tax reporting, supervising payroll, general ledger preparation, year- end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Controller will have contact with the Companys senior-level management team which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position is a roll-up the sleeves position. It will be required to safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments. This includes inventory.
• Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions, including cash receipts, disbursements and daily cash banking requirements.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for payroll and all related payroll tax filings.
• Handles the cost accounting and inventory valuation.
• Prepares general ledger account reconciliations.
• Oversees the Companys warranty and freight claims.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels, throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• Directs external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
• Interacts with CFO in matters pertaining to accounting issues..Requirements:
• High ethical standards. Ability to creatively problem solve and exercise good business judgment.
• Proven leadership and management ability, demonstrating innovation, flexibility and best-in-class attributes.
• Motivational expertise, acts to inspire employees, consistently displays initiative.
• Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Demonstrates proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, & Power Point.
• Excellent PC skills.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, required.
• 5 to 7 years prior supervisory experience in financial reporting/general accounting.
• Job costing experience a plus.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.