Lead Java Developer
Posted on Aug 27, 2019 by Volt
As a Lead Developer, you will be part of an Agile BizDevOps squad which comprises more than 120 people. Initially, you will be part of on the common reference data platform squad.
You will work within a cross-functional team comprising developers, business analysts, testers and operations professionals on exciting products and services related to the Financial Crime Compliance portfolio.
We are looking for an (lead) developer who will work closely with a diversified team comprising of developers, marketing, QA engineer to further evolve and maintain existing solution, as well as to participate in the delivery of new solutions.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic professional who enjoys development, can see the big picture and can collaborate with team members and other departments throughout the company to define our future products.
*Gather, analyze, write and maintain existing and new functional requirements specifications in collaboration with internal business stakeholders.
*Maintain the big picture of the current and the new solution (revamp), work-out a high-level architecture for the new solution with SWIFT Architecture team, propose a new service design and related high-level costing.
*Produce a feasibility report based on the business requirements and technical constraints, help the Product Owner to estimate such investment, present and defend the solution to management and finally drive the delivery.
*Participate in the design, implementation, development and deployment of the proposed solutions; this includes writing installation, configuration and operating guides for the operational group.
*Provide technical assistance to other SWIFT colleagues, and assist in resolving problems reported by less senior team members.
*Contribute to the existing solution (Oracle based), be part of the on-call after some time and participate in the investigation & resolution of production issues (existing and new solution).
*Willing to evolve/grow in an Agile and DevOps environment.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or University degree Computer Science, electronic engineering or equivalent work experience
* 8+ years of experience in a similar position in a comparable technical environment; with at least a 3 years proven track record working in
* Familiarity with software development, programming languages (such as Java), with Linux, Oracle Database and Application Server technologies
Professional knowledge and expertise:
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design.
* Good development experience with multi-tier applications technologies and tools
* Good knowledge of Java and Java development frameworks: Spring, JPA, Log4j...
* Experience with relational database implementations, ideally with Oracle (Oracle DB)
* Experience with Web Application Server (JBoss, Tomcat, )
* Experience with PL/SQL skills is an asset
* Experience with Linux environment is an asset
* Knowledge of security fundamentals
* Change management and versioning tools such as Git & BitBucket
* Good experience in formal structured software engineering methodologies such as Agile/scrum or similar, with knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) is an asset
* Understanding of the mindsets of both Agile and DevOps is an asset; curious, accountable, motived, as fundamental both Agile and DevOps
* Knowledge of enterprise-level tools such as Enterprise Architect or Abacus is an asset
* Experience with Continuous Integration tools and Continuous Deployment tools is an asset
* Strong communication; fluent in English (both written and spoken)
* Ability to communicate with counterparts of different levels in the organization
* Quality oriented, meticulous, rigorous, disciplined
* Strong planning and organizing skills
* Adaptability & responsiveness to change
* Proactive and autonomous
* Open to new ideas, innovative mindset, intellectual curiosity and self-motivated learner
* A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment