Posted on Aug 27, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a major Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Data Analyst for a 12 months project in either Lausanne or Zurich.
- Sector: Banking
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich
- Duration: 12 months, extension intended
Overview of business area or project:
This role is within our Chief Compliance & Regulatory Officer (CCRO) group as part of a global team to support a key platform migration. The platform organizes data collected from various Front Office businesses and prepares it for processing by our Compliance projects. The role sits within the data sourcing team which is responsible for obtaining and processing data from a large number of systems and normalizing the data into one platform
Working with a global team, as part of building our data platform and enhancing the number of systems that we have data connectivity to work across multiple IT and Business teams, owning and driving the delivery of solutions for Datamodelling, data understanding and data preparation and adhering to internal processes for the tooling required to accomplish this in an efficient, consistent and repeatable manner. Providing regular updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, requiring a proactive attitude to work on a number of requests in parallel. Working with stakeholders in other teams to understand data needs and ensure solutions function across multiple use-cases. Must be able to provide concise, accurate assessment and update on specific topics when requested. The individual must be able to work independently and be results driven and be able to take general requirements and decompose them into smaller better defined items
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a take-charge attitude towards problems, strive for excellence, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, hands-on, delivery focused role. Must be able to partner with multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Understand database concepts especially composite primary and surrogate keys (eg. Oracle or MySQL or any relational databases)
- Be completely comfortable writing complex SQL queries and querying multiple data sources and tables
- Basic Python to be able to create & maintain python scripts
- Good understanding of Linux
- Excel, Sql and writing documents in Excel
- Basic BASH to be able to create and maintain BASH scripts
- Familiar with Jira/confluence and extremely well organized and good at switching contexts or tasks
- Fluent English is a must
- Able to work in an agile/scrum environment
Please apply online or contact Nadja directly.