Posted on Aug 27, 2019 by Bridgeway Academy
Bridgeway Academy is a Columbus, Ohio based nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire the potential and celebrate the ability of every child. We offer an integrated approach to meet each child's needs. This collaborative effort combines professionals in the fields of music therapy, speech therapy, physical and occupational therapies, behavioral and educational services to include home based services.
Bridgeway Academy is currently seeking a Full time Executive Assistant who will provide high-level support to the Executive Directors of Bridgeway Academy and will act as a liaison providing administrative support to the organization's Board of Trustees. This role will conduct research, prepare statistical reports, handle requests and information of a confidential nature and perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling appointments and meetings for executives.
Position responsibilities include: The successful candidate will greet and screen visitors, answer phone calls and direct callers to appropriate parties, will take detailed messages in a professional and pleasant manner and schedule appointments/meetings using Outlook and manage the Executive Director's calendars. He/she will assist with correspondence and other non-routine information to include typing reports, memos/letters, prepare mail merges and other documents using computer software. He/she will handle requests and documents of a confidential nature that will include, but is not limited to: organization business, staffing, donor information, Board of Trustee business which consists of providing administrative support, taking, recording, transcribing and distributing meeting minutes and board packets. He/she will read, analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine the significance and plan for distribution, will create and manage detailed spreadsheets using excel or other similar software and maintain records management database systems. He/she will file, retrieve corporate documents, records and reports, open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email and perform other duties as required.
A minimum of an Associate's Degree, a Bachelor's Degree is preferred in Business Administration, or other related field with 1 to 2 years of demonstrated experience providing administrative support for executive level management.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities to perform this important role:
1. The ability to display a professional and positive demeanor at all times.
2. The ability to adapt/be flexible in an ever changing work environment.
3. The ability to work independently and be self-directed.
4. The ability to manage stress and maintain composure during high work volume periods of time.
5. Strong organizational skills including excellent attention to detail.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with internal and external customers including diverse populations.
7. Position requires a thorough knowledge of database management including spreadsheets.
8. Strong communication with excellent verbal, non-verbal, written and listening skills.
9. The ability to promote a positive work environment and act as a role model to staff promoting professionalism and enthusiasm.
10. The ability to meet or exceed deadlines by providing a professional work product.
11. Position requires knowledge of organizational practices and operations.
12. Strong collaboration skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with CEO's, Donors, Executives, Directors, Managers, staff and volunteers.
13. The ability to uphold the vision, mission and values of Bridgeway Academy.
14. Very strong technical skills to include experience with MS Office Suite, Outlook/Calendaring, Email and data bases.
15. A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. A BCI/FBI background screening is required. EOE
For employment consideration:
Please go to the Bridgeway Academy website in order to complete an employment application. Please email your completed employment application along with a resume and cover letter to: (see below)