Consumer Lending/Deposit Specialist
Posted on Aug 26, 2019 by The Middlefield Banking Company
The Middlefield Banking Company is a full service FDIC-insured commercial bank and LPL Financial® brokerage headquartered in Middlefield, Ohio. We have 15 branches serving Beachwood, Chardon, Cortland, Dublin, Garrettsville, Mantua, Middlefield, Newbury, Orwell, Powell, Solon, Sunbury, Twinsburg and Westerville, Ohio. The Bank also operates a Loan Production Office in Mentor, Ohio.
Dating back to 1901, The Middlefield Banking Company has been a leader in delivering quality personal financial service to its communities. We are continually recognized as one of the most profitable community banks in the U.S. If you are you seeking an opportunity to learn more or have a desire to start or advance your career in the banking industry, the Middlefield Banking Company is looking for enthusiastic team members to join our team!
As a Consumer Lender/Deposit Specialist you will assist walk-in customers with lending products appropriate for their needs. This includes examining, evaluating and authorizing or recommending approval of customer applications for retail and consumer loans. You will also provide customer service to new, potential and existing customers which includes opening accounts and providing information on all bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist walk-in customers with obtaining loans that meet or exceed the Bank's credit standards and provide information on bank products and services
- Open new accounts by entering required information into database, cross sell other bank products and services
- Refer customers to bank financial consultant/licensed banker
- Actively participate daily with IQ Leads program
- Interview loan applicants and gather related credit information
- Underwrite and document credits for decision-making and/or appropriate authority for approval
- Provide written credit analysis for the underwriting of the credit transaction
- Approve credit within lending authority as applicable
- Monitor and manage delinquent credits in loan portfolio
- Prepare loan package(s) that meet the Bank's underwriting standards
- Obtain non-interest income fees as established
- Maintain and service current loan relationship
- Maintain a quality portfolio
- Manage non-interest expenses over which have control or influence
- Maintain and report active loan prospects and pipeline of pending transactions
- Participate, as appropriate, in internal Loan Committee meetings
- Assure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of customer files
- Generate reports on branch products, services, accounts, deposits, and loans to analyze branch growth
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable State and Federal banking regulations
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School diploma required; Bachelor degree with a concentration in business preferred
- Minimum experience required to be successful in this job is 2-5 years in the banking industry, and 1-2 years' experience in lending or loan documentation
- NMLS preferred
The Middlefield Banking Company considers applicants for all positions, without regards to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.