Posted on Aug 26, 2019 by Benchmark Insurance Company
Westerville Insurance Agency is in need of an experienced and licensed Account Manager for our Employee Benefit Department.
Skills or characteristics a person should possess include:
- True multi-tasking skills---a person who can change direction on a second's notice and know where they were when they go back to previous activity
- Good communication skills-both verbal and written
- A problem solver
- A team player who can then work independently on their specific assignments
- A professional person that has pride in doing things the correct way and pays attention to detail
- Resourcefulness: one who can read about new information, or learn about it on a webinar or carrier meeting, and then take that new information and apply it to job.
- Familiar with Excel
We are looking for a person who has some knowledge of and can discuss with clients to some degree on topics of our industry, including things like:
- HSA's and HRS's
- State Continuation
- Health carrier products and plan designs
- Understanding market segments and how 50+ differs form 2-49
- Having a grasp of the ACA
- CMS Creditable Coverage and what it means if asked
- Some understanding of the large group (50+) reporting
- An understanding of all of the ancillary products like, Life, Vision, Dental, STD, LTD etc.
Job specific activities include all of the normal things like:
- Handling billing problems
- Claim problems
- We process new employee applications and termination of employees
- Quoting and processing new business
- Quoting and processing renewal business
- Spread sheeting
- Communicating with clients on their questions and/or service issues
- Possibly handling employee benefit meetings (probably not immediately)
We offer a full benefit package
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$40k - $40k Annual