Electrical and Maintenance Technician
The Company - Bute Island Foods Ltd
We are a small, but fast-growing food manufacturing company dedicated to producing a range of vegan, free-from products. We are based on the Isle of Bute. You will be required to carry out an assortment of tasks to maintain and improve production lines. The ideal applicant will possess the necessary skills as well as an ability to fit into the food production environment and function as an effective member of the team.
Responsibilities, Duties and Requirements
• Wiring installations for 230V and 400V
• Maintaining and updating maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
• Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
• Diagnosing breakdown problems
• Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
• Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
• Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
• Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
• Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
• Improving health and safety policies and procedures
• Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
• Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
• Keeping production managers informed of progress
• Service and repair the equipment. You could work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerize systems.
40 hours. Flexible start and finish times required
£18,720 to £24,000 depending on experience
Rothesay, Isle of Bute
Permanent with 6 months' probation
The following would be preferred, but are not essential
• At least 2 years relevant experience
• Relevant electrical qualifications
• Good Communication Skills
On the job training will be given
Skills and knowledge
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Ideally City and Guilds to 18th edition qualification
• Able to multitask and prioritize using good time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also preferred.
• Should be able to work well independently but also as part of a team.
If you think you can meet the above requirements, and want to join our award-winning team, hand in your completed application form now.