Posted on Aug 25, 2019 by CommonBond Communities
CommonBond is excited to announce we are seeking a full-time Property Manager to manage four of our senior properties, St. Anne's, Winnetka West, Four Seasons and Robbins way in the Northwest Metro Area. If you're excited about helping families in having a stable place to live, consider applying for this position!
The Property Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the site in order to provide a fiscally sound, well-maintained and socially healthy apartment community.
The Property Manager also provides leadership and guidance to the staff.
- Competitive pay
- Generous benefits package the first of the month after 30 days of full-time employment
- Eleven paid holidays
- A challenging, fun, growth-oriented work environment
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of our residents
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with all city requirements and submit monthly reporting.
- Stays abreast of any changes in fair housing.
- Develops and maintains effective, professional relationships with residents, the community and owners/owner boards.
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with residents, resident cooperatives, outside agencies, and organizations.
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure resident property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition
- Confers with maintenance technician concerning deferred maintenance, the operational budget, staff problems, and overall maintenance related issues.
- Supervises, directs, trains and evaluates staff. Prepares yearly employee reviews
- Meets Company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collections, and timely compliance paperwork.
- Operates property within budgeted income and expense guidelines.
- Maintains accurate waiting list. Selects and screens new residents.
- Reports to regional manager and/or vice president of property management prior to hiring, terminating or making wage or position adjustments of on-site personnel. Authorizes staff payroll.
- Works on the last day and the first day of each month until the responsibilities completed.
- Leases apartments; implements and maintains effective advertising and marketing plan.
- Implements staff, program and/or site improvements contained in budget and operations manual
- Implement a comprehensive marketing strategy to meet predetermined vacancy standards.
- Prepares monthly newsletter for the entire complex.
- Plans and coordinates resident activities.
- Associate degree or equivalent of two years' experience in property management, business or real estate.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Excel.
- Two years' experience in property management, leasing, and staff supervision
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with seniors
- Strong marketing and leasing skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks.
- Proficient computer skills
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to type.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Smoke-free work environment.
- Quiet to the moderate noise level.
- Overtime as necessary.
- Showing apartments or walking the property in adverse weather conditions.
- Sends notices and makes phone calls for any late rent.
- Shops comparable projects in the market place monthly.
- Aids in keeping management office and lobby area neat and clean at all times.
- Keeps resident listings up-to-date.
- Handles resident complaints in a timely and professionally.
- Coordinates resident functions.
- Acts as a property manager in the property manager's absence.
- Assists with move-in / move-out procedures, including unit inspections, security deposit processing and unit preparations.
- Works closely with resident services staff to meet resident service needs individually and as a group.
- Updates turn over information on a daily basis.
- Works on the first and last day of each month.
- Knowledge of government housing subsidy programs.
- One year leasing or property management experience preferred.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by the property manager or regional manager.