Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Security Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer for an innovative software company. This individual will serve as the point of contact for all risk response and vulnerability assessment. You will be tasked with reviewing and determining if security alert events are accurate and require a response.
You will be responsible for ensuring the security posture maintains compliance with security policies and will monitor security controls. In this role, you will provide expert guidance and responses to threats and will escalate to other teams if necessary. Additionally, you will be well-versed in multiple areas of Information Security and will have the opportunity to work with various information security technologies at any given time.
As the Senior Security Engineer, you will be tasked with ensuring known vulnerabilities are managerd and mitigated in a timely manner. Working within a mixed environment of Linux/Windows/MAC OS, you will ensure end-point security and that configurations remain in compliance with security requirements. Malware incidents will be minimized and handled effectively and end-user compliance will be monitored and upheld.
This is a direct hire position and will have high visibility, as you will be the security subject matter expert for the entire enterprise organization, partnering with other departments as necessary. They also have expanded into the cloud and you will be a part of a team with designated resources to cloud-specific security, giving you exposure to these environments from a security perspective. This client is the market leader within their industry and are continuously assessing how to remain competitive and innovative, both in their software and with their clients. You will be joining a growing, collaborative team that encourages new perspectives and ideals and flexible hours are available.
- 5+ years of relevant security experience
- Email Security Knowledge of DKIM, DMARC, SPF (ProofPoint preferred)
- Vulnerability Event Response (Tenable Nessus)
- Familiarity with networking components including: Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Security Components exposure: SIEMs, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management tools
- End-point security controls
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with anti-malware and malware response
- Cloud environment monitoring (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Knowledge of security best practices for:
- Operating Systems- Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Network Security- VLANs, ACLs, and TCP/IP
- Active Directory- including security groups and group policy objects
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, monitoring, and forensics tools
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS security tools
- BS or MA in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$140k - $160k Annual