Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Mastercare
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse Supervisor. Accurately and safely provides direct client care using standard nursing care principles, procedures, and practices.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school for Nursing
- Have and maintain an active, valid, current, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a licensed practical nurse (LPN).
- No Criminal record
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong problem solving, decision making, adaptability, and change management skills
- One (1) year previous medical experience preferably in Hospital, nursing home, or home care experience.
- Thorough understanding of Medical Terminology
- Must complete Mastercare's pre-employment screening and new hire process
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
- Must possess high regard for the integrity of the position including attendance.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- The position requires frequent bending, stooping, crouching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and any movements associated with a normal home care client.
- Must be able to see and read printed materials.
- The position requires the abilities to communicate and interact with clients, supervisors, employees, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
LPN's will typically works in various client homes, with varying conditions and elements, but will additionally spend time in organized professional office environment. There is exposure risk to disease, blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids. Personal protective equipment is required for all personal care procedures when caring for clients.
- Visits, treats and cares for Mastercare clients
- Will be accountable for all* clinical nursing duties as required by the Personal Care Plan (PCP)
- Customer Service - Provide a superior level of service to our customers and clients
- Consistently documents nursing care and activities daily to maintain accurate and compliant medical records
- Accurately administers medications and care as prescribed on the PCP
- Evaluate and monitor client status and make any and all necessary recommendations to the current PCP
- Follow up with any recommendations made to the PCP to ensure all physician changes have been implemented
- Consistently assists and maintains a safe work environment
- Implements appropriate age specific interventions to all Mastercare clients as assigned or requested
- Provides safety and care education to clients and their families as needed.
- Safely and appropriately intervenes in all emergency situations
- Effectively communicates with clients to ensure they understand the care they are receiving.
- Effectively communicates with the other healthcare staff of Mastercare to ensure total continuity of care.
- Safely and effectively operates medical equipment necessary to care of clients per individual PCP
- Meet with supervisors to discuss employee any client issues,
- Daily, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Continually serves as point of contact for clients and Service Supervisors
- Serves as a resource and participates in training and orientation of other staff as necessary
- Other duties necessary or required