Warehouse & Distribution/Packing Operative - Full time
The Company - Bute Island Foods Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our fast-growing, manufacturing company. We are dedicated to making a wide range of vegan & Free from Foods. The company has some great plans to expand, which includes the development of new products to target the vegan market all over the world.
Your duties could include:
• Operating production line packing equipment
• Filling and taping boxes
• Recording all results correctly, neatly and on time
• Receiving and Storing materials and goods
• Packing goods ready for shipment on pallets
• Picking and packing samples for dispatch to customers
• Lifting and Handling materials safely
• The possibility to obtain forklift training and license
• Cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery
You would usually work as part of a team under the supervision of a line manager/factory manager, carrying out several tasks within the same shift, or within the working week.
30 hours (to 40 hours) 10-hour shifts. Generally, 3-4 days 07.00am to 5.30pm or when the packing line is finished. May be asked to work the occasional weekends. Additional shifts available on request________________________________________Salary
£9.00 per hour
Rothesay, Isle of Bute
Commuting from the main land daily is not possible due to early starts
Permanent with 6 -months' probation
No specific qualifications are required, although adequate reading, writing and arithmetic are necessary. Previous warehouse experience is a bonus.
Training and development
You will receive induction training on food safety, the manufacturing process and health and safety. As well as receiving bespoke training for your new job you will also obtain a level 2 food safety-for-manufacture certificate. After your induction, you would work alongside a training buddy and then the line manager.
Skills and knowledge: - The ability to:
• Fit into and work within a team
• Learn practical skills
• Work quickly and methodically whilst following detailed procedures
• Maintain detailed written records
• Concentrate while doing repetitive tasks
• Gain an awareness of health and safety
• Work flexibly
• Identify and solve problems
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As part of your normal working day you will be required to perform physical activities such as bending, lifting, walking, sitting, turning, repetitive motion
Environmental conditions - You will mostly be working indoors but may be required to work inside a cold store so temperatures can range between 0C and 30C depending on production.
If you think you can meet the above requirements, and want to join our award-winning team, hand in your completed application form now.