Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Henderson Scott
The Opportunity - BI Consultant
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced BI Consultant to join a privately owned, well established IT Services and Consultancy Practice. My client is a Microsoft Gold Partner with over 20 years' experience in the industry and has grown organically and strategically, working with top blue chip companies in a variety of sectors. With a bright, vibrant and collaborative office space, my client works in an agile environment and welcomes individuals who are keen to develop professionally.
This role will suit a professional, experienced BI Consultant who has demonstrable experience of working with Power BI, SQL Reporting and ideally ProjectOnline - a broad technical understanding of Azure, Office 365, Edison 365, and Dynamics is advantageous.
This BI Consultant role is based in Buckinghamshire with a requirement to travel to client site as and when required. Some work from home options are available.
The Role - BI Consultant
- A competent self-starter, keen to further develop both their personal and the team's knowledge and skill set, with a make it happen' attitude.
- Provide a creative, user focused input into the design of reports to ensure that they are visually engaging and provide clear information within an effective, intuitive user experience.
- Deliver a range of Business Intelligence solutions to a broad client base, applying a commercial awareness around the delivery solutions.
- Ensuring solutions are provided using the appropriate technologies and delivered to the appropriate development standards, ensuring all developments are robust, fully tested, of high quality and fit for purpose.
- Demonstrable experience in a Business Intelligence consulting role, in a corporate environment or in a consulting organisation.
- Broad knowledge of Business Intelligence patterns and practices, application life cycle management approaches, with experience gained through all phases from design, development, test and release cycle to delivery and maintenance.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the information they want to present in a reporting solution
- Build a design of the reporting solution, including the user experience and the security and permissions
- Build mockups as part of solutions to demonstrate to stakeholders
- Build and deploy reports, visualisations, and dashboards
- Implementation of data source refresh mechanisms
- Deploying shared report security models
- Integration of reports with SharePoint and Office 365
- Write advanced SQL queries
- Write SQL stored procedures
- Optimisation of SQL queries
- SQL Server Database Engine 2014+
- Azure SQL DB
- Power BI
Location: Buckinghamshire (close to M40/M4) + travel to client site and some working from home opportunities
If this BI Consultant role is of interest, please send your CV in for review