Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
Be part of the team understanding the Gasification technology in order to be able to define operating and Control philosophy and contribute towards development of a consistent and quality Basic Engineering package.
Review Process Flow Diagrams and P&IDs and provide input regarding Instrumentation and Controls.
Provide inputs to Project Cost Estimate
- Development of control system high level documentation such as scope of work, design criteria, shutdown
- schedules, and basis of design.
- Preparation of instrumentation specification, DCS, PLC and HMI development and testing, equipment and services procurement
- Prepare Analyzer System specifications and Package unit specifications
- Interface with vendors to ensure compliance with project specifications
- Development of engineering/design effort hour estimates
- Involvement and promotion of Safety in Design on control system projects
- BSEE, BS Chem Engineering or other pertinent Engineering Degree required
- Minimum (5-10) years of relevant Engineering Experience is required
- Experience in control system design and/or execution projects
- Experience in control system project engineering
- Experience in PLC/DCS upgrade projects
- Experience with Advanced Process Control (APC)
- Process control software experience with PlantPAX, DeltaV or other DCS Systems beneficial
- Human Machine Interface experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk, Wonderware or other platforms beneficial
- Experience with materials handling and commissioning is beneficial
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience with multidisciplinary design interfaces (particularly electrical and mechanical) beneficial
- Utilization of CAD and document management systems (AutoCAD, SmartPlant)
- Electrical Power distribution and Facilities electrical experience a plus
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.