Senior Process Engineer
Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
Senior Process Engineer
- Strong skills in Process Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-office projects
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
- Understanding of Project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity,
- schedule, workhour control, innovation etc.
- Development and implementation of activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve
- efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
- Can work as an efficient team with project management and other disciplines, both within GID and that of the client
- Has a good knowledge of Utility Systems in a Chemical Complex and is capable of developing the basic design for these.
Candidate to have a strong technical background in an engineering contracting environment. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is crucial.
Understanding and application of the following technical skills is necessary:
- Knowledge on Hydraulic calculations, Network analysis, Piping and Instrument diagrams, data sheets, Safety
- Instrument Specifications (IPDS), Line List (LL), Special Material Specifications (SM List), Relief Valves, Design
- and Safety conditions, Cause and Effect, Interlock and ESD description, etc.
- Knowledge on unit operations eg, distillation, filtration, heat transfer etc., hydraulics calculations.
- Knowledge on utilities system such as cooling water system, Boilers, Compressed Air and Instrument Air
- system, Nitrogen system etc.
- Knowledge on heat exchanger thermal design using HTRI, HTFS etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Process Simulation software like HYSYS, ASPEN, PRO II, Unsim etc.
- Experience in document review meetings and Vendor data reviews.
- Experience in safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL etc.
- Experience in 3D model reviews.
- Experience in handling Pre-FEED, FEED, EPC documents, PMC projects, etc.
- Experience in Pre-commissioning/commissioning, start-up experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards for process design.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering with proven experience of 5 - 10 years in Gas processing & Gas handling/Petrochemicals
- Good knowledge of English
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.