Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Edissero Ltd
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful software company. You will be part of a small but thriving documentation team with responsibility for creating high-quality product documentation for technical users, describing complex software architectures and detailed deployment instructions for enterprise-scale production environments. You will have responsibility for all phases of your projects including researching and writing documentation and designing and creating short video tutorials.
You definitely don't need to be an experienced technical author, as the hiring manager welcomes applications from candidates who want to kickstart an exciting new career in technical communications. If you're dynamic, energetic and driven, and want a role where you can really make a difference, then this could be the role for you!
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A technical background; an understanding of web applications or the ability and enthusiasm to grasp the technology.
- A can do approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm for supporting technical users and understanding what they need.
- Real-world skills: we'd like you to come from an operations or systems administration background, running software and production environments.
- Research and exploration skills: we need you to like asking questions, have an inquisitive mind, and be confident to experiment with software.
- Systematic: you should understand how to structure and collate complex technical information to create easy to use documentation.
Any knowledge of single sourcing, Agile, XML, DITA or OpenSource would be advantageous, but is not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, professional writing team within a dynamic software company. A stimulating and rewarding working environment is on offer, as is a very competitive remuneration, bonus (10%), and benefits package. The office is in a central location within easy walking distance of a busy tube station.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.