Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Edissero Ltd
Our market-leading, growing software development client is looking for a technical author to join its small documentation team.
You will be updating the company's user manual, developer guides, and release documents. You will also work with other product and project teams in a variety of roles.
You'll enjoy learning and be able to write appropriately for an international audience that includes scientists, librarians, informaticians, systems administrators, and increasingly, systems integrators and application developers. This role offers interesting, varied and challenging work and the opportunity to make a real difference in a growing company.
- Have at least one year's experience as a technical author in a software development environment.
- Be a very good all-round communicator, whatever the audience.
- Be able to clearly and accurately explain complex concepts.
- Have a desire to self-learn and to share.
- Be organised, flexible and adaptable, with a questioning mind and analytical skills.
Any of the following is helpful, but not essential:
- HTML and CSS.
- API documentation.
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Bash.
- Version control such as Mercurial or Git.
- Life sciences.
- Cross-functional teams.
- Agile teams.
The company offers a great working environment, a competitive salary, a good range of flexible benefits, free parking, and regular company lunches/social events.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.