Senior Big Data Engineer: Azure: Alteryx: Global Energy Co
Posted on Aug 24, 2019 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Big Data Engineer to work across a cutting edge shipping and logistics project.
You will have technical expertise in Data Engineering with the following:
- 6 to 8 years of experience as a Data Engineer for business portfolio based applications
- Developing high quality design specifications for enhancements/new functionality
- Able to clearly articulate and work to realistic deadlines and timelines
- Experience/Exposure to technologies Azure Data Factory, Azure functions, Azure SQL, Azure WebApp, Azure VMs, Azure Storage, Data Lake & Service Fabric
- Experience of the following technologies: Streamsets, Alteryx, Python and Spark (optional for now)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
- Well versed with Performance Tuning
- Should take ownership and be a strong individual performer who can work under limited supervision
- Experience in database environments SQL and Oracle
- Comply with Information Risk Management (IRM) standards and procedures
- Establish/maintain best practices, processes and procedures for codes
- Able to self-direct and take initiative; able to deliver through others
- Experience in working collaboratively with vendors, customers, stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Shipping or Logistics experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- Experience of supervising more junior team members would be an advantage
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.