Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Beeston, Nottinghamshire
We are seeking an experienced CAD Technician to join our growing Engineered Services department.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for producing accurate bespoke drawings of mechanical building services structures including roof supports, modular frames, brackets, pipe support systems and walkways - ready for fabrication in our workshop.
CAD Technician Key responsibilities will include:
* Technical Drawings – to produce accurate 2d and 3d drawings using AutoDesk Inventor, SketchUp, Navisworks, SolidWorks and REVIT as required to fit customers’ bespoke requirements
* Bill of Materials – to produce accurate lists of all required materials to manufacture the design
* Product Innovation – to contribute to the development of design concepts for new products
In order to make our shortlist for the CAD Technician position, you must:
* Have a good level of competency with 2d and ideally 3d design software
* Have a proven track record of producing accurate detailed technical drawings in a time-pressured environment
* Be passionate about providing a great customer service experience
* Be a confident and capable communicator who can build strong relationships with all key stakeholders
* Building Services industry knowledge would be advantageous
* Our ideal candidate will hold a degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (ideally Mechanical, Structural, Building Services, Product Design or similar)
Established in 1974, MIDFIX (previously Midland Fixings Ltd) is a very successful building supplies business based in Beeston. We provide a great working environment, free staff lunches and an attractive bonus scheme. As a result we can boast excellent staff retention rates.
If you are looking for a technically challenging, fast-paced role, in an established fast-growing business, we’d love to hear from you